Tuesday, August 25, 2015

WC51 - Dodge Weapon Carriers - Westwind Berlin of Bust

I  recently got my hands on a pair of Dodge 3/4 ton trucks from Westwind Miniatures Berlin or Bust range.

Out of the package, they look like this:


While looking intimidating, the truck went together without glue like this:


The truck included the driver, a ring mount for a .50cal, and wooden fence/railing on the back.  I decided that I wanted to use these trucks for a winter force, so I decided to take some paperclips and make the ribs of a canopy on it.


I sprayed these with grey automotive primer and them some olive green paint. for the base colors.  Here is a shot of the WC51 in it's base green and put next to a BTD german and a Warlord Games Hanomag, for scale.


I cut some napkins to size and applied it as a canopy for the trucks, leaving the front for later as I needed to paint the cab and driver before I finished.


Next I put the cabs together and added the rest of the canopy.  Next I applied paint to the canvas and the truck, and modulated it a little with a lighter green and lighter canvas color.


Finishing the trucks, I used some pigment and dirtied the trucks up a little. I am awaiting decals for the hood and it should be finished.  Here is the results:







No comments:

Post a Comment