Thursday, May 8, 2014

Gaming on a Budget - Part 2

I opened the Minwax then stuck the minis on the end of my custom drill bit, consisting of blu-tack and washers.  I dipped the Miniatures fully in the minwax and spun then out in a box to get the excess off.


Here is what they look like straight out of the Minwax.  I put a base colored model next to them to show you that the Minwax will change the color slightly of whatever you are putting in it.




So now I have all 4 AT rifles and the scout squad painted and dipped and they are dry and ready for basing.

Using sand that I found in the alley behind my house from all the washouts and rain, I collected it and put it in a container.


Then I cut up a couple old plastic sprue remnants and put them in a cup to use as debris, as this is a Stalingrad based army.


Applying white glue to the bases, I stuck bits of the sprues on the base and I took an old CAT5E cable and used the sheathing to make broken pipe looking debris and took the wire and added it to the bases.



TBC!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment