Thursday, October 3, 2013

Match Box Jeeps

Working on a Panzer Brigade 150 army for bolt action.  It's germans dressed in US Army uniforms that were used to confuse the Allies during the battle of the bulge.  I am currently working on the 4 MMG jeeps I am going to be using.  These are Jeeps I bought from Matchbox, I got 4 of them for $8 off ebay like 6 months ago.


I cut the wheels off, glued them back on close to the frame, so they were not sticking out so far and I also lowered the jeeps stance.  Sprayed them with white primer, then with some OD green paint (masking off the windshield of course.

After some painting and washing it turned out like this.


Here is the Jeep ready for crew sitting next to one of my Imperial Japanese Jeep equivalents, the Type 95 Kurogane, and I have a German Hitlerjugend model next to the jeep for scale.

Painting the crew up, gluing them in, I ran this as a test fit only to find out that I have to do some major re-sculpting of the drivers arm in the next three to get it to fit inside the cab.


Finished Jeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment